Master of Business Administration (MBA)—Online
Earn Your MBA Online from Top-Ranked Wake Forest
Accelerate Your Career with a Market-Driven MBA
Earn your MBA from one of the nation’s top universities—on your schedule, from virtually anywhere, in just over 2 years. Delivered completely online, our newest MBA empowers working professionals to become purpose-driven leaders who are ready to drive change, solve complex challenges, improve performance, and make an impact in a global economy.
Best National University1
Best Value Schools2
Online MBA Program Highlights
By actively listening to the voice of the market, we continuously innovate our curriculum and incorporate real-world scenarios to help you gain immediately applicable skills. The online MBA program bridges strategy, finance, operations, marketing, management, and IT, with a pool of electives that let you customize your degree to fit your career plans.
Optional MBA Concentrations
Develop specialized knowledge to advance your career in one of three areas:
Gain the technical, problem-solving, communication, and managerial expertise to identify data-driven strategies, solve complex challenges, uncover emerging opportunities, and expand your impact.
Develop the advanced skills and knowledge to make complicated financial decisions, analyze investments, manage risk, and maximize shareholder value.
Strategy and Leadership
Build the management, strategic decision-making, negotiation, and change management skills to take on top leadership roles with broad scope and responsibility.
On-Campus, Working Professional MBA Options
In addition to the MBA online, we offer the following programs:
Tuition and Fees
$67,815, including fees
$1,000 nonrefundable deposit required*
Scholarships awarded on a competitive basis — no separate application required
*Deposit is applied to the first term's tuition.
Fall 2020 Term
Start Date: September 7
Apply By: August 24
Spring 2021 Term
Start Date: January 18
Apply By: December 30
For enrollment in the Master of Business Administration online, candidates must:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Preferably have at least 2 years of postgraduate work experience prior to the program start date.
(Exception: nontraditional applicants who have work experience prior to enrolling in an undergraduate program. Nontraditional applicants may include anyone that has served or is serving in the U.S. military, regardless of rank, religious servants, etc. Others considered on an individual basis.)
- Be employed full time. Applicants not employed full time must receive approval from the Program Director.
See below for details about the application process.
An online application is required for all applicants. As part of the application, you must:
- Pay a $100 nonrefundable application fee payable by credit card.
- Submit a one-page resume or CV. Use our Resume Template if needed.
- Provide two references (name/contact information only).
- Respond to questions in the Legal Disclosure section of the application. All applicants are encouraged to be forthcoming when disclosing this information. If required, candidates may be asked to provide additional information and complete a background check.
All online Master of Business Administration applicants must take either the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examinations (GRE). Applicants can determine which test is better suited for them individually. Scores are valid for five years past the exam date. If your score is expiring, you must submit your application prior to expiration.
Some candidates may be eligible for a GMAT/GRE waiver based on years of work experience, advanced degree, undergraduate GPA, or other criteria. Please contact a Student Success Manager to discuss whether you qualify for a GMAT/GRE waiver. For consideration, applicants should request a waiver using the optional essay on the application, indicating reasons they feel they would be eligible.
GMAT test registration information is available at www.mba.com. Use the Wake Forest – Online MBA institution code R5F-NS-89 for GMAT.
GRE test registration information is available at www.ets.org/gre. Use the Wake Forest - Online MBA institution code 4793 for GRE.
Applicants whose native language is not English and/or whose principal language of university instruction was not English must submit scores from either the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System). Exception: applicants who have completed their undergraduate studies at an English-speaking college or university.
The Admissions Committee recommends a minimum TOEFL score of 100 (iBT) or an official IELTS score of 7.0. However, score minimums are guidelines only; all scores will be reviewed in the admissions process and minimums may be waived for applicants who have resided and worked in the U.S. for an extended period of time.
Unofficial transcripts will be accepted for the application review process and may be uploaded as a part of your online application. We require transcripts of all academic work completed (or currently in progress) at the baccalaureate and graduate levels.
Official final transcripts will be required following enrollment (or can be sent as part of the application process), which include the name of the degree awarded and the date the degree was conferred. To request your transcript, you can use our Transcript Request Form or the form provided by your specific college.
- Electronic transcripts (e-transcript/certified document) should be sent directly to email@example.com.
- Paper transcripts should be mailed directly from your university in an official, sealed envelope to one of the following addresses:
- Regular Mail Wake Forest University School of Business, P.O. Box 7897, Suite 115, Winston-Salem, NC 27109
- Express Delivery Wake Forest University School of Business, 1834 Wake Forest Road, Farrell Hall — Suite 115, Winston-Salem, NC 27109
- An interview is required and is scheduled by invitation only once the online application is submitted.
- Interviews may be requested prior to taking the GMAT/GRE.
- A Student Success Manager will invite you when it’s time to schedule your interview. It is then your responsibility to schedule the interview within 48 hours of receiving the invitation.
- A Student Success Manager will give you the option of three dates/times from which to schedule your interview.
- Once your selection is confirmed, the Student Success Manager will send you a Google Hangout invitation for the interview. You are not required to have a Gmail account to join the Google Hangout.
Total number of credits: 45
Semester 1 (6 Credits)
Purpose and Ethics in Business (1.5 credits)
Diverse Teams (1.5 credits)
Behavior and Leadership in Organizations (3 credits)
Semester 2 (6 Credits)
Financial Accounting (3 credits)
Operations Management (3 credits)
Semester 3 (6 Credits)
Quantitative Business Methods I (3 credits)
Quantitative Business Methods 2 (1.5 credits)
Managerial Accounting (1.5 credits)
Semester 4 (7.5 Credits)
Information Technology Management (3 credits)
Introduction to Strategy (1.5 credits)
Financial Management (3 credits)
Semester 5 (7.5 Credits)
Marketing Management (3 credits)
Business Law (1.5 credits)
Managerial Economics (3 credits)
Semester 6 (6 Credits)
Elective or concentration requirement (3 credits)
Global Strategic Management (3 credits)
Semester 7 (6 Credits)
Electives or concentration requirements
NOTES AND CONDITIONS - PLEASE READ